Featured post

Barbara Marx Hubbard (6)

06/08/16

Smarmore Clinic

To follow on from my post earlier today: I just found out that Castle Craig Rehab Centre outside Edinburgh have a clinic in Ireland now also which opened last year outside Ardee. Great to know! Unfortunately it is a private clinic, but hopefully and very likely they will encourage the Department of Health to invest in them so that they can take public health service patients or the Dept. of Health will invest in the same type of model in other places.

I have never been to a drug treatment centre but I have been to a lot of AA meetings and I believe that (in no particular order) a) alcoholism and all other serious addictions are mental illnesses/diseases b) I believe there is a higher power in the universe and c) and I believe the 12 step programme works.

One size does not fit all but I agree with and support this model.

I am interviewing Tony Duffin the Director of the Ana Liffey Drug Project in his office on Tuesday afternoon and hope to maybe interview someone Smarmore Clinic at some later stage also.




No comments:

Post a Comment