Baclofen as a treatment for alcohol addiction mentioned in this new article on PsyPost.
I tried Baclofen for alcohol addiction once, and my brain felt so totally relaxed from taking it at first
that I thought that I could afford to drink again. Which is a frame of mind, if you are addicted to
alcohol, which is not good.
To make matters worse, not only did I drink again over those few days taking Baclofen – I didn't
realise that Baclofen is one of those tablets where you are NOT supposed to drink with AT ALL – and I
nearly had a breakdown!
I think that, given how relaxed my brain felt over the first day or two of taking Balcofen, it should
be researched more for other neurological and mental health conditions though.
I haven't drank alcohol since 2010, but if I thought I could afford to take Baclofen again for a
relaxation point of view, I would, given how relaxed I felt taking it at first. However I would need to
see more research done on the drug. What is the saying – "If something sounds too good to be true, it
probably is"?
No comments:
Post a Comment