Featured post

Barbara Marx Hubbard (6)

18/04/24

# Jalāl al-Dīn Muḥammad Rūmī / Rumi

 

I have just finished reading these 2 books of spiritual poems by Rumi which was my first time buying and reading any of his books. I finished the first book of spiritual poems a few days ago and finished the second book tonight.


He was an amazing poet and I find it remarkable how spiritually evolved he was living back in the 13th century.


A few parts of poems in the 2 books leads me to believe that he had a problem with alcohol (or had at one point in his life) and I can relate more to his, how would I put it, 'extra creativity' because of that, although I would not advise people to go down the road of drinking much alcohol for a spiritual benefit. It is better avoided completely in my experience even if the experience of getting drunk is usually fun.




# Jalāl al-Dīn Muḥammad Rūmī / Rumi 


# Darren J. Prior

No comments:

Post a Comment