Featured post

Barbara Marx Hubbard (6)

07/10/23

Breaking the Heart Open: The Shaping of a Psychologist - Tony Bates - The Irish Times (2023)


Great article and words by Tony in The Irish Times from last week that I only found out about today. I interviewed Tony for a college article 20 years ago and spoke to him a couple of other times over the next few years as well as my Mam worked with him as a receptionist for years. Tony is also actually the person who recommended M. Scott Peck's The Road Less Travelled to my Mam for me when I was going through my late adolesence crisis and I went on to read nearly all of Scott's circa 15 books and he has since been my favourite author and the writer who has had the most impact on my life although I never met him. I even have a M. Scott Peck Facebook page which I started 5 years ago.


If you are interested in social justice and mental health you should read this article I believe and you should probably read Tony's new book as well if you work in the areas. 😊


Dr Tony Bates: ‘Just because you have trauma in your life doesn’t make you a nice person. If you’re hurt you pass that on’ - Patrick Freyne, The Irish Times




# Tony Bates

# Breaking The Heart Open - The Shaping of a Psychologist

'# M. Scott Peck

# Darren J. Prior 

No comments:

Post a Comment