Great post here by Obi; quote from it below.
I would add that it can, at times, be difficult to be clear-headed like this even when you don’t drink alcohol or take any other intoxicating substances at all. Conversly when you are intoxicated by drugs, it becomes dubious, and even worse behaviour can occur.
I would also add to the quote below that a lot of people don't think that many big societal problems are their issues too, which is sad. Maybe we cannot feel "connected" to every issue, even where we live, but I believe we should feel connected to many big societal issues, such as trying to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
It worries me that a lot of people are oblivious to much of what is going on around them, in their own countries and around the world. And even when they become aware of some things, more often than not, they don't try to help figure the issues out.
Overcoming a lot of issues needs people or more people to use their brains.

No comments:
Post a Comment